The Northern Neck SWCD offers two options for your no-till farming needs. These drills are perfect for planting or reseeding pastures, hay land, field buffers, wildlife plots, and small acreage fields.
We hope that by having these drills available to rent, the citizens of the Northern Neck are provided with an affordable means of incorporating conservation on their land so that we may all enjoy these natural resources for generations to come.
The Great Plains 7′ No-Till Drill has a row width of 7 1/2 inches and is perfect for planting pastures, barley, clover, grasses, soybeans and wheat. This drill has a gross weight of 3,900 pounds.
The Esch 7′ No-Till Drill has a row width of 5 1/2 inches. This drill is best used when planting grass, small seeds or lawns and has a gross weight of 4,500 pounds.
Both No-Till Drills have one main seed bin and one small seed box and require a minimum of a 45 horsepower tractor with at least two hydraulic remotes.
Cost & Responsibilities:
- There is a minimal charge of $100.00 due at rental for the first ten acres. After the first ten acres there is a charge of $10.00 per acre.
- The amount charged is determined by the acreage meter on the drill
- A rental agreement is necessary for your signature at the time of pick-up. All safety items will be discussed with the lessee prior to use.
- The lessee is responsible for cleaning the drill after use.
- NNSWCD is not responsible for germination of seed or stand loss due to weather conditions
- All equipment is scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- An Operator’s Manual will accompany the drill for seeding rates.